Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Another Spring Weekend

I had the opportunity to hit the creek again for a few hours on Easter Sunday.  Stream flows were higher this week than last and the visibility had dropped. I don't think runoff is starting, but it is right around the corner.  The small brown trout were still targeting emergers and I think I found something they liked (a grey sparkle dun, as suggested after my last day on the water).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The fishing was a little tough (seemed technical) and I did not have much success, but it was great to get out on the water and enjoy the afternoon.  For the first time in a long time, I felt at home on one of my favorite stretches of water.  Its a good feeling.  If there is a creek you want to visit  before runoff, you better do it soon.  In a few more weeks, we will all be wondering how to avoid the blown out rivers.  Have a great time on the water if you make it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment