Wednesday, May 15, 2013

More Pre-Runoff Spring Front Range Fishing

It looks like runoff has finally hit based on the gages.  I'm going to have to check for myself soon.  But after the dreadful snowpack forecasts we had at the beginning of April, I'm glad we got some storms.    It looks like the recent warmer weather is finally starting to bring all the moisture down the hills.

My friend and I had one more chance to hit Clear Creek before that though.  We were excited to visit a stretch of water we love, but it was still a bit early.  With water temperatures in the mid 30's, the resident cutbows and cutthroats were still a bit lethargic.  It looks like we will have to wait until later this summer to hit it now. 

I was able to pull together another quick edit to show how things were doing up there.  For the next few weeks though, it looks like I'll be trying to go with stonefly nymphs along the edges and slower water.  Good luck out there.  


No comments:

Post a Comment