Thursday, August 15, 2013

Spring Grand Mesa Trip - Colorado

I'm playing a bit of catch-up from a spring trip to one of my favorite spots in Colorado as we all know how busy summer can be with trips, fishing and mowing the yard.  In late June, I had the chance to make it back to the Grand Mesa in Colorado with friends, the wife and our dog.  The fly fishing wasn't the best as it was a bit early up there and it is always hard to fit in your fishing on a trip with non-fishers.   I did get some time on the water and got into some brookies and stocked rainbows.  I also had time to enjoy some canoeing, camping, exploring and relaxing around the fire.  Hope you enjoy my edit from a spring trip out to the Grand Mesa of Colorado, one of my favorite locations in the state.

 
We hadn't been out to this area since 2010 and had only made one trip before that, but I loved it and had been planning our return ever since.  Below is an edit from our 2010 fall canoeing and fishing trip which had me hooked.
 
 
Enjoy everyone!  There is plenty of summer fishing yet to be had.  I'm getting out tomorrow for some high country cutty's.

No comments:

Post a Comment