Thursday, July 4, 2013

Reprieve from the Summer Heat

I caught a quick afternoon fly fishing session after a brief rain shower moved through.  Had to wait it out at the car due to lightening, but that gave me plenty of time to rig up and enjoy a beer.  Pretty good dry fly action followed with a few landed on a beatis emerger.  I love this section of creek, but water temperatures are starting to push maximum levels for trout fishing.  Daily air temperatures did drop a few days later and continued afternoon rain showers brought temperatures back down to the mid 60's.  I'm heading for the east coast this weekend so I won't be able to make it out for a while, but am hoping I can get back on the water here at least once more before it's too warm to fish.  Enjoy your days over the weekend if you can get out on the water.


And have a safe and happy 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment